The Walking Dead (season 2) *SPOILERS*

Talk about movies and TV...errrrr

Re: The Walking Dead (season 2) *SPOILERS*

Postby JohnnyHustler » March 12th, 2012, 9:20 am

The post episode article on TVLine.com suggests that the end of the episode showed at least part of what the CDC guy told Rick. As for why Rick wouldn't tell everyone...I'm guessing he probably didn't want to start a panic, or cause Andrea to commit suicide, as she was leaning doing after the first season finale. Or, he thought the CDC guy was insane and didn't buy it at first.
JohnnyHustler
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PSN ID: JohnnyBigRed
Xbox Live: JohnnyHustler

Postby YEM » March 12th, 2012, 9:43 am

That doesn't make sense to me. If he was told "everyone turns" that cat would have been out of the bag when they found the 2 security guys. Why would he dismiss that thought and think "oh, must be from a scratch?"

As for your idea, I think Rick is to smart to hear what the CDC guy says and think "hmm, he must be insane" and keep that vital info to himself. Also, Rick is very perceptive, when Shane starts going off the reservation, he would have pieced that together.

I don't know.... guess we'll find out next week
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Xbox Live: xYEMx

Postby YEM » March 12th, 2012, 9:49 am

Yeah, I guess I'm back on the CDC guy telling Rick "everyone is a carrier" train again :)

Also read rumors of Michonne showing up (whoever that is) and the Prison. I don't know what those 2 things mean, but I'm guessing you comic guys probably do
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby JohnnyHustler » March 12th, 2012, 10:39 am

I'm starting to wonder if the CDC guy was cryptic about what he told Rick, rather than straight out telling him everyone is a carrier. CDC guy was a bit cryptic on every other front, if I remember right, so maybe he told Rick something to this effect, but Shane's turning without being bitten is what seals just what CDC guy was talking about.
JohnnyHustler
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Lambshot23 » March 12th, 2012, 10:45 am

YEM wrote:Yeah, I guess I'm back on the CDC guy telling Rick "everyone is a carrier" train again :)

Also read rumors of Michonne showing up (whoever that is) and the Prison. I don't know what those 2 things mean, but I'm guessing you comic guys probably do

Michonne is a bad ass chick w/ a samurai sword. The prison was a major part of the comics.
Lambshot23
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PSN ID: laMbshot23
Xbox Live: lambshot23

Postby Falling Man » March 12th, 2012, 11:09 am

Lamb, I agree. The opening was badass.

Yem, Michonne is a longstanding, contributing badass character who I can't wait to see. I hope they introduce her character and make her as awesome as the book does.
The prison is such an important storyline piece of the books. Alot of character storylines progress and become a huge turning point for what happens soon after. I'm curuious as to where the tv show will take this.

As for last night's episode...

First off Lori....good job fucking with Shane's head after he just got around to calming down. Yeah that helped. :roll: Shortly after when Shane entered the barn with the prisoner I immediately guessed what was gonna happen. Sure enough he tries to take care of it himself, even later after getting the info on the other group of survivors.
When the four of them go after the prisoner I believe it was Rick's idea to split up and go along with Shane, who decides suddenly this is his best advantage to take out Rick. They have been building up the "everyone's a carrier and will come back to life" thing over a few episodes now (which I too believe could be what the CDC guy alluded to) and now Glen/Daryl have caught on after being attacked by zombie-prisoner.

I can buy it all until then, even the standoff which led to Rick stabbing Shane. The scene fades out with flashes of the dead and you just get the feeling Shane is about to reanimate. The episode could have ended right there even before we notice the heard approaching the farmhouse. But suddenly after all that time they are within sight/earshot of the house? Suddenly Carl is there because he heard a gunshot? Really?! I know Shane is shot by Carl in the books (which I think is cool that they fit that in) but it was all a bit too unbelievable for me at that point. It felt like......let's have an awesome episode and then rush the final two minutes!

Now with one final action-packed looking episode to go will there be time to reveal all that has happened that night to the group? Obviously there's going to be a major cliffhanger until season 3. What do you think it's going to be?
Fuck-it list: Owls, Ohio, Facebook, Red Wings.
Falling Man
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Xbox Live: Falling Man

Postby Jammer » March 12th, 2012, 11:16 am

The kid that plays Carl made it sound even dumber in the Behind The Scenes clip I watched on iTunes saying that Carl wanted to be a hero and was following them through the woods.
Jammer
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: sjam613
Xbox Live: sjam613

Postby YEM » March 12th, 2012, 11:23 am

Falling Man wrote:Now with one final action-packed looking episode to go will there be time to reveal all that has happened that night to the group? Obviously there's going to be a major cliffhanger until season 3. What do you think it's going to be?

I read an interview with Kirkman where they asked if season 2 was going to end on a major cliffhanger or will it be like season 1's ending. He said it will be more along the lines of season 1's ending.

As for the finale, with what Kirkman said, I think the farm gets wrapped up. People get split up, some people die, lots of zombies die, a new character or 2 gets introduced, and the show ends with Rick leading the group to their next destination (Prison?)
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby JohnnyHustler » March 12th, 2012, 11:24 am

I don't think Carl came because of the gunshot. Before that scene, Carl was looking over the farm area with the binoculars. I think he saw Shane pull the gun, and went out there. That said, it was still rushed even with that reasoning.

I have a new theory on the walkers that show up. Randall said his group was around 5 miles away. What if there was something that took out their group (walker ambush, mass suicide?) and created a huge mass of walkers headed to the farm?

I just hope they don't kill off Maggie. Kill off the ugly chick in the family. And Lori. And Carol. They're a couple of wet blankets that I would have already shot by now if I was with the group.
JohnnyHustler
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby YEM » March 12th, 2012, 11:29 am

Yeah johnny, I'm betting that zombie horde hasn't been there this whole time and they came from somewhere else. Once they were close enough, they were drawn in by the gun shots
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby JohnnyHustler » March 12th, 2012, 11:35 am

YEM wrote:Yeah johnny, I'm betting that zombie horde hasn't been there this whole time and they came from somewhere else. Once they were close enough, they were drawn in by the gun shots

I would personally find the irony that the walkers were Randall's old group kinda funny, since everyone was so concerned with that group finding them in the first place. However, I doubt there's any way to confirm it now, unless someone recognizes the guy that drove off.
JohnnyHustler
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Falling Man » March 12th, 2012, 11:38 am

There is a scene in the previews for the season that shows Daryl riding on his bike past walkers with a vehicle behind him. Have we seen that scene yet?
I think there will be some huge zomie battle resulting in reasoning for having to leave the farmhouse and that will be how the season ends, possibly after more deaths.

I like how the show keeps everyone on their toes about how no one is safe from getting killed but I don't think the group (or the show) can afford to lose anymore right now. If anyone is "affordable" to lose right now I would think it would be Hershel's suicidal daughter or the other blonde in the house.
Falling Man
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Lambshot23 » March 12th, 2012, 11:45 am

FM- I got the same feel watching the coming attraction for next week, they will be hauling ass. They also pretty much spelled out an incoming invasion in last nights episode, with the group fortifying the farm and building watch tower.

I am going to plan to re-read all the comics after the final episode next week. I believe I have every volume up to date but I want to brush up. I have forgoten many things already as this season has unfolded.
Lambshot23
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PSN ID: laMbshot23
Xbox Live: lambshot23

Postby YEM » March 12th, 2012, 11:56 am

Falling Man wrote:There is a scene in the previews for the season that shows Daryl riding on his bike past walkers with a vehicle behind him. Have we seen that scene yet?
I think there will be some huge zomie battle resulting in reasoning for having to leave the farmhouse and that will be how the season ends, possibly after more deaths.

I like how the show keeps everyone on their toes about how no one is safe from getting killed but I don't think the group (or the show) can afford to lose anymore right now. If anyone is "affordable" to lose right now I would think it would be Hershel's suicidal daughter or the other blonde in the house.

Yeah, I think some of Hershel's people get offed
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Falling Man » March 12th, 2012, 12:19 pm

JohnnyHustler wrote:The post episode article on TVLine.com

This is a good read.
Falling Man
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and TV