For Bas Bleu

The place to talk about books, duh

For Bas Bleu

Postby lotus » June 21st, 2011, 10:19 am

"Tailgate365.com: The Site For Teachers doing stupid things, owl kicking, packing peanuts, Joe Bonamassa, movie soundtracks, free speech, urination warnings, and now child furniture assembly advice."
lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: For Bas Bleu

Postby Six Gun » June 22nd, 2011, 9:59 am

Lol I agree, reading books is the best. However, I won a Kindle at work so I signed up on amazon and did some browsing. They have tons of classics that are absolutley free. I loaded my Kindle up with some great books. I like the kindle a lot actually. I still prefer to read a printed book, but having a hundered books at my fingertips is pretty nice and its pretty easy to use/read also.
Six Gun
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Xbox Live: Six Gun Reaper

Postby lotus » June 28th, 2011, 9:12 am

Here, just saw this. Designed just for you, I think.

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/newsprin ... tains.html

If you're nostalgic for the days when print ruled the world, but don't want to be bothered with actual newspapers, the late designer Tobias Wong's "Times of New York" candle, inspired by The New York Times, may be for you.

According to Project No. 8, "Wong proposed producing a candle with the fragrance of newsprint inspired by The New York Times, an institution he greatly admired."

Various Projects and Josée Lepage of Bondtoo were close collaborators and friends of Wong's. We have realized his Times of New York candle in a limited edition of 1000.

The scent of the candle is newsy, with hints of guaiacwood, cedar, musk, and spice. Characterized by "a powdery note and velvet nuance," the scent is meant to mimic the aroma of black ink on newsprint.

The limited edition candle goes for $65, which could buy a 12-week subscription to The New York Times. But we really don't recommend burning those.

"Tailgate365.com: The Site For Teachers doing stupid things, owl kicking, packing peanuts, Joe Bonamassa, movie soundtracks, free speech, urination warnings, and now child furniture assembly advice."
lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby miketheknife » June 28th, 2011, 10:41 am

They should also make some that smell like reel-to-reel tapes and stone tablets
And little early birdy gave my anus curly whirly, and asked me if i needed a ride!

miketheknife
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Postby lotus » June 28th, 2011, 10:44 am

Or a bank of VCRs.

lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby RayRay » June 28th, 2011, 1:36 pm

Nothing takes me back to my childhood like guaiacwood
when I was around 22 at a party and ended up trying to fight a billy goat, swearing I was re-enacting a the camel punch scene from Conan
RayRay
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: rayfiftytwo
Xbox Live: rayfiftytwo

Postby ptrain86 » June 28th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Do they come with a dictionary?
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Xbox Live: P Train of Love

Postby rabb » June 28th, 2011, 3:20 pm

yeah but it's an electronic one
rabb
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: omgitsrabb
Xbox Live: rabbmast3rflash

Postby RayRay » June 28th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Can we burn some books in Cville?
when I was around 22 at a party and ended up trying to fight a billy goat, swearing I was re-enacting a the camel punch scene from Conan
RayRay
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: rayfiftytwo
Xbox Live: rayfiftytwo

Postby ptrain86 » June 29th, 2011, 6:31 am

Bas Bleu wrote:That candle is awesome! I would also like one that smells of ditto paper from elementary school...

But you boyz are MEAN! BURNING books?! *gasp* So mean in fact, I'm taking to my quill pen and inkwell to write a letter of complaint! Sealed and stamped with wax, of course and sent off in the mail. You should receive it within a few weeks time, whereupon I expect an apology for your cruel suggestion!

By the way, LPs and 45s are making a comeback, for realz. Too bad I sold all mine when I moved :cry:

*please note, I really do have a quill pen and inkwells and have been known to mail an actual letter on occasion*
:bas:

You should just write in your own blood... or keep someone locked up and use them for their "ink"...
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Xbox Live: P Train of Love

Postby Elwood » June 29th, 2011, 7:13 am

I assume you have one of these on standby as well...

problem solved, problem staying solved...Rangers lead the way!
Elwood
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Xbox Live: Elwood the Red

For Bas Bleu

Postby Jammer » June 29th, 2011, 8:04 am

We will be sure to include it in the rant letter section of the podcast.
Jammer
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: sjam613
Xbox Live: sjam613

Postby lotus » June 29th, 2011, 8:50 am

Bas Bleu wrote:That candle is awesome! I would also like one that smells of ditto paper from elementary school...

But you boyz are MEAN! BURNING books?! *gasp* So mean in fact, I'm taking to my quill pen and inkwell to write a letter of complaint! Sealed and stamped with wax, of course and sent off in the mail. You should receive it within a few weeks time, whereupon I expect an apology for your cruel suggestion!

By the way, LPs and 45s are making a comeback, for realz. Too bad I sold all mine when I moved :cry:

*please note, I really do have a quill pen and inkwells and have been known to mail an actual letter on occasion*
:bas:

I don't have a quill pen, but I do have a seal and wax and some really great hemp paper. Running low on that, actually. Always got that stuff from this great stationery store in Kansas City but I guess I need to find one locally since I don't travel there anymore.

lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Return to Books