Here are the Oscar nominations...
http://www.tailgate365.com/2011/01/the- ... he-oscars/
Who do you think should have been nominated...shouldn't have been nominated...etc? Opinions.
I have 2 big issues -
1. Christopher Nolan should have received a Best Director nomination for Inception...not David O. Russell for The Fighter (and I did love The Fighter)
2. Tron: Legacy should have received a nod for best visual effects...Hereafter had some really shotty effects so I don't understand this one (maybe the Academy's love for Clint Eastwood?)
3. Nothing for Scott Pilgrim? Hey, in a year full of crappy tunes at least give it a nod for one of it's songs. Visual effects? Maybe...although that category is stacked.
-Ryan Gosling - Tough category, but reminiscent of Titanic in that Kate Winslet received a nomination, but DiCaprio was shut out. Same here, as Michelle Williams gets the nom, but Gosling doesn't. Weak year for Best Actress performances is the reason. However, Best Supporting Actress category is solid.
Thanks to the Academy for...
1. Hailee Steinfeld - Overlooked by the Golden Globes, she gets recognized here and it is well deserved. Her and Melissa Leo gave the best female performances on screen last year.
2. True Grit - Receives several nominations. Well deserved.
3. Omitting Burlesque...in every category. It was crap.