Battlestar Galactica/ Caprica

Talk about movies and TV...errrrr

Battlestar Galactica/ Caprica

Postby Jammer » October 6th, 2010, 11:44 am

Not sure how many of you were fans of the BSG remake but Caprica which is a prequel started it second season last night. I am enjoying it a lot and I think the first season can still be found on Hulu.
Jammer
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: sjam613
Xbox Live: sjam613

Re: Battlestar Galactica/ Caprica

Postby lotus » October 6th, 2010, 12:21 pm

Never watched Caprica, but BSG was one of my favorites of all time. I've been trying to get into Caprica a little bit. Watch the Re-Caprica vid on Hulu last weekend and it seemed OK.

"Tailgate365.com: The Site For Teachers doing stupid things, owl kicking, packing peanuts, Joe Bonamassa, movie soundtracks, free speech, urination warnings, and now child furniture assembly advice."
lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Caprica

Postby ptrain86 » November 8th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Anyone watch this series? I know its supposed to somehow spin off of BattleStar Galactica, which I haven't seen, but started watching the 1st season. Some cheesy stuff, but pretty cool ideas. Plus, I always like Eric Stoltz as an actor.
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Xbox Live: P Train of Love

Re: Caprica

Postby Jammer » November 8th, 2010, 12:35 pm

ptrain86 wrote:Anyone watch this series? I know its supposed to somehow spin off of BattleStar Galactica, which I haven't seen, but started watching the 1st season. Some cheesy stuff, but pretty cool ideas. Plus, I always like Eric Stoltz as an actor.

Don't get too in to it, they just cancelled the show and only have 5 episodes remaining now. They are working on another Battlestar Galatica Prequel show though that will take place during the Cylon Wars.
Jammer
Beast Mode
Beast Mode

PSN ID: sjam613
Xbox Live: sjam613

Re: Caprica

Postby YEM » November 8th, 2010, 12:48 pm

Steve wrote:
ptrain86 wrote:Anyone watch this series? I know its supposed to somehow spin off of BattleStar Galactica, which I haven't seen, but started watching the 1st season. Some cheesy stuff, but pretty cool ideas. Plus, I always like Eric Stoltz as an actor.

Don't get too in to it, they just cancelled the show and only have 5 episodes remaining now. They are working on another Battlestar Galatica Prequel show though that will take place during the Cylon Wars.

Yeah, the last 5 episodes won't be shown until Jan.

I just recently blazed through all 4 seasons. Will be checking out the new show. It's suppose to follow a young Bill Adama
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Xbox Live: xYEMx

Postby ptrain86 » November 9th, 2010, 10:29 am

I suppose I'll finish the first series and then go back to Battlestar. I told the gf to rent BS first, but she didn't listen. However, I'm glad she gets into the sci fi stuff some. She watches SG Universe with me, but we both agree that Atlantis was better. I mostly liked it because of the ladies though. Universe has too much drama. BSG worth it?
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Postby lotus » November 9th, 2010, 11:08 am

BSG is way, way, way, way, waaaaaaaaay better than anything in the Stargate franchise. Frankly the Stargate movie was great. Everything that has followed it has been, more or less, pure shite.

Plus BSG has its share of the ladies as well...

"Tailgate365.com: The Site For Teachers doing stupid things, owl kicking, packing peanuts, Joe Bonamassa, movie soundtracks, free speech, urination warnings, and now child furniture assembly advice."
lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ptrain86 » November 9th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Well, that does help. I'm always skeptical because a lot of sci fi is gimicky crap. I was told Babylon 5 was good and I couldn't stop thinking of Crow and Tom Servo while watching it and how cheesy it was. It might have gotten better after the first series, but I had, had enough.
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Postby lotus » November 9th, 2010, 12:29 pm

That was the great thing about BSG: sure, it's sci-fi, but it's really just a story and almost a coincidence that it occurs in space. There are no aliens, no laser guns. They take a few scientific liberties, like faster than light travel and gravity on the ships, but it's a story that could be seamlessly transplanted onto the USS Nimitz and still be just as good.

lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ptrain86 » November 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm

edited due to double clicking.
Last edited by ptrain86 on November 9th, 2010, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Postby ptrain86 » November 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm

That's the kind of sci fi I'm looking for. Sounds good. I'll definitely check it out and either think higher or lesser of you.
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Postby YEM » November 11th, 2010, 5:01 pm

BSG was a great series. Seasons 1&2 were absolutely awesome. 3&4 were a little more meh. Still good mind you, just not as great as 1&2
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby ptrain86 » November 11th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Well, Family Video sucks. Why have season 4 and none of the others?
ptrain86
TG Supporter
TG Supporter

Postby YEM » November 11th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Netflix bish!
YEM
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby lotus » November 11th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Yeah, I think Netflix has season one streaming although I don't think they include the original mini-series. This is a series that really has to be watched in order, at least for the first couple of seasons.

lotus
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Movies and TV